Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Review: My June 2012 Glossybox

Heres a picture of what I got again just so the post doesn't look too bare.



If you would like to see everything that I got in the box individually click here

Im going to be honest in this post and the opinions I have written down are my own. What I think is a con may be a pro in your eyes. Ive read many blogs giving a negative review on a product and found that everything they hated I liked so I went and bought the product myself. Ive used all the product by now so I feel I'll be able to give you a good rounded review at this stage.

After reading and watching many blogs/vlogs on the Glossybox which has been going for over a year now. I found time and time again that I felt like I had missed out. I was also uber hyped up by the fact that the Anniversary box was so good and the products had appealed to me so much.  I also flicked through other boxes and found that there were quite a few products I would have loved to get and the rest I was at least willing to give a try.
The box came early morning-as my post usually does-and I have to say once I heard that doorbell ring I jumped out of bed, ran downstairs, opened the door and looked at the box with so much joy I think the post man was taken aback. First thing I noticed was the amazing packaging. I love that the outer cardboard has the Glossybox logo, that such care was taken into designing this. Once I opened the outer packaging I saw the Glossybox. It was everything I hoped it would be. It was pretty, the cardboard box was good quality (fitting into my plan of reuse). Opening the lid you see the bow, tissue paper, pull this back and then the products are there along with the description telling you what each product is etc.
Here is my review of what was inside.

Glossybox
''Serie Exclusiv Pro Beauty Brush''
This classic series natural goat hair blush brush gives a super soft make-up applicaiton
RRP-£15.00/each

The thing that annoys me the most about this brush is the price. Yes, its an 'exclusive' product and yes its made from goat hair but honestly isn't the £15 mark a little much for a make up brush which I personally have little to no use for. My first impressions were that this price was generous and is that price just because its a Glossybox product. I am one to not spend too much on brushes. Usually I'll get my brushes from ELF which range from £1.50-£5 (I'm almost sure) and they are much softer than the brush I was given in this box.



HD Brows
''HD Brows Precision Tweezers''
For eyebrow maintenance at home or ont he go. HD Brows Precision Tweezers are a must for every girls make-up bag
Fullsize-£19.95/pair]


I think that without this product being the price it is I would feel completely cheated out of the money I spent. Personally, I would never spend this much on tweezers going for something under £10 but I thought I bought this box as a treat so £19.95 on tweezers considering I bought the box for 12.95 (including shipping) was a bargain! I have used these tweezers now a couple of times ( I tend not to do my brows all at once, usually getting bored or the pain is too much) and I like them. There certainly isn't any problem with them gripping the hair-having stubborn hairs it usually takes me two or three goes for those really stubborn ones. The tweezers look and feel excellent quality so I can see why they are the price they are. On a side note-I've noticed that many people didn't receive these in their box and I understand they may feel utterly annoyed.


BM Beauty
''Summer Warmth Bronzer''
Multi-purpose pure-mineral bronzer. Add a touch of summer warmth to your face.
Fullsize-£8.00/4g


This is that a swatch of a tiny amount of this product gives.





As I hope you can see-its really pigmented. Its a good quality product and it'll probably last a long time too (as long as you don't spill which is easy to do with the container it an and the fact that its mineral) I just cant see myself using it. I have skin on the paler side so being bronze is not on the top of my list when it comes to make up. Although I did buy the Glossybox to try new things so I will give it a go.



Green People
''Sun Lotion SPF15 with Tan Accelerator''
Award winning UVA and UVB protection organic sun lotion. Rich in natural antioxidants, moisturising protection.
Fullsize-£12.99/100ml


As soon as I read ''Tan Accelerator''  I was put off and moved the product out of the way to look at something else. Then once I started to look at everything in detail I saw that this was by Green People I was more interested. I've heard a lot about the good quality of their products and was eager to give this a try. I like that this has 82% organic ingredients and it has all the other advantages that come with a product from Green People.  Although for me it has low protection-15 SPF- it does have both UVA and UVB protection. I used this product on my skin and it felt nice not greasy or like it wasn't going to soak in. I also like the smell its sort of a lavender sun screen smell which is a nice change to the normal standard sunscreen smell.


Vichy
''Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Stick''
Vichy's expert camouflage foundation stick for minor to severe skin flaws.
Fullsize-£19.00/12g


Again this product didn't really appeal to my tastes. I am lucky not to have too many skin problems and usually a bit of foundation will clear things up for me. I have recently been looking for a concealer so I thought this might do me in the mean time. I used this a few times and it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin which means the skin can breathe. Its also quite long lasting too it doesn't come off easily if I smudge it. However I have a problem with the samples. The little sample of foundation falls out of the plastic it is in easily which means its likely to get lost in my make up bag at some time and cause havoc with my products (there's no option of resealing the product up again after use either). I don't understand this as I only need a tiny bit of the product on the skin to use it effectively.

Overall I am terribly disappointed with this box though I have personal reasons for this and as I mentioned before, it may work for you if not for me. I was super excited to receive this and really wanted to love it and continue my subscription. I really cannot see how £12.95 is justified for this box (unless you count the tweezers)  I feel that I was somewhat cheated when you compare this to the other months of Glossybox boxes. I have cancelled my subscription and hesitate to subscribing to another service like this one. I was going to continue my subscription until the next box and see how I felt then but then I thought if I wasted anymore money I would regret it. I also considered the fact that I could by something I really wanted for the money I have and would spent on this. The fact is I was more excited about the packaging than any other product I received within the box.

Did you get this months Glossybox? 
What did you think of it?

@msbeaujoli

6 comments:

  1. My Glossybox is late, still hasnt arrived yet :(
    I think it is cheating a bit with the brush since it is its own brand.
    I hope I get mine tomorrow and its not as disappointing. will review once I recive it
    jennimystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you messaged them? It should have come by now. To be honest I got one of the better boxes (I feel)

      Delete
    2. yep, I received it on monday.. did a review after I got it.. have the same as you.
      i thought it was 50/50 because the brush let me down.. =.=''
      check out my review x

      Delete
  2. Glad you received it :) Will do. I've actually seen some people got what we did plus a good sized sample perfume. hmph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousJune 30, 2012

      I would of liked the perfume or demalogica skincare instead... anyway just have to wait and see what next month's box will suprise me with. Hope it is a good one otherwise I too will be unsubscribing.

      Delete
    2. I can totally see why you would x

      Delete

Thanks you for your comment. It makes my day :)